Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs

We baked a few dozen sugar cookie cut-outs yesterday and we'll decorate these cookies for Santa...and mom, and dad, and the kid, and maybe some neighbors....today. I really wish I had an awesome sugar cookie recipe to share, but mine isn't so awesome. I'll share it anyway.
2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups of flour
and 1/2 tsp of baking powder
Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and vanilla, then flour and baking powder. I use my KitchenAid stand mixer for the whole process. Refrigerate the dough to firm it up, then roll out with a little flour. Bake at 350 degrees until barely brown at the edges.
Notice that there isn't much sugar in this sugar cookie recipe. Not much is needed since we're going to pile sugar and butter frosting on top of these cookies today. That will make them sweet enough!

No comments: