Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Simple Side Dish from Tater Land

Rosemary roasted potatoes. These are Yukon gold potatoes. They're not quite as starchy as our traditional Idaho russets and the texture is creamier. Russets are fine for this recipe, too. Dice the potatoes and toss them with enough olive oil to coat. Spread them out on a baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and don't be stingy, potatoes need a generous salting. Add a tiny bit of granulated garlic and rosemary to taste. My family likes rosemary so I don't hesitate. For rosemary haters, dill works well, too.
Roast at 375 degrees, stirring them around once or twice until they are nicely browned.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We eat roasted potatoes at least once a week. I usually use small red potatoes, sprinkle them with salt, and about 10 minutes before they're done, sprinkle on some grated parmesan and bacon bits. A little parsley is good too. Yum!

Me from Cali said...

I do potatoes in the oven like this too. I have tried doing them on convection and just regular heat. But what I am trying to do is have them come out crispy -- even with a "snap" to them, if that is possible. Any ideas would be appreciated. I tried to vary the heat as well -- putting them in a very hot oven.