Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fish and Chips at Bittercreek Alehouse

My daughter had asked me to please make my homemade fish and chips soon, and since "soon" is not yet on my menu planner, we stopped by for sidewalk dining at Bittercreek Alehouse, downtown Boise, over the weekend. Perfect weather for it, too. They do a beer battered fish that I thought was similar to mine, but it wasn't. Theirs is loaded with more herbs and the cod sure is sliced thin. There is also a Panko-type crumb in the batter. "Thumbs down" was the review from my second-grader. I guess I'll have to put my homemade version on the calendar. (I've featured my beer battered cod here before, and I'll post again when I fry them up)

1 comment:

tahtimbo said...

I agree, I prefer the traditional fish and chips. Bardenay make some fantastic ones!