Friday, October 9, 2009

A Rare Find in Idaho: Cioppino

Cioppino over linguine for dinner last night as we tried out Bella Aquila in Eagle. It's in a lovely spot along the Boise River, and there are several more things on the menu I want to try, but just seeing cioppino offered - I couldn't pass it up. It's not a common menu item in this part of the world. Review? It was good, but I would have liked it spicier. My husband ordered the lasagna pictured below.
The twist on this was that it had salami in it. He says it was a subtle added taste. They offer a sweet potato gnocci that I may try next time. It's a white-table cloth place, but casual and they do have a kid's menu.


1 comment:

Kim Ross said...

That Cioppino looks terrific! I'm going to have to try it. I lived in South Florida for 20+ years, so I never pass up good seafood. Thanks for the tip!