Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Blackened Chicken Salad

As we continue our week without a kitchen, we tried out Buffalo Wild Wings Bar and Grill last night. I do realize that when you go to a place with ‘buffalo wings’ in the restaurant name you should order them. But I couldn’t bring myself to do it because I saw they were served up in little cardboard food containers and I really wanted food on a plate…with a fork. This is the blackened chicken salad. The chicken was seasoned with a roasted garlic herb mix that gave me ideas for coming up with my own version. The “salad” part was rather limp lettuce and pale tomatoes. My daughter counted 36 TV monitors in the place and decided they use the monitors as a type of wall art. All kinds of sporting events were being shown. The ambiance was a little disturbing at first because I could hear constant smacking/kissing sounds as patrons licked their fingers while eating their wings. I bet that means the wings are good, though. You get your choice of 14 different sauces.

No comments: