Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cheater Guac

I've featured summertime guacamole here before, and this is my cheater winter version. Usually, I like to stir in some fresh cherry tomato salsa, but since that won't be available until tomato season in my garden, here's how I improvise:
5 avocados - 4 1/2 mashed
3 cloves of minced garlic
minced jalapeno peppers - the sliced deli-style peppers in a jar - I used 8 slices
1/4 cup of the brine from the peppers jar
sea salt to taste
Mix ingredients together and then dice the last 1/2 of an avocado and gently stir in.
This is passable until usable limes and cherry tomatoes become available.

1 comment:

tahtimbo said...

This sounds fantastic! I think we'll have to grow some cherry tomatoes this year. We usually just grow the Early Girls (for salsa, soups, etc), but I would like to try them as a different twist in salads.
Great, now I'm hungry :)