Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Dinner

Pretty homemade Easter dinner rolls - they were not super good, though. I needed buttermilk and didn't have the real thing because the two stores I visited the Saturday before Easter were out of buttermilk.
I never really know what the difference between potatoes au gratin or scalloped potatoes is - so, I'm just calling these cheesy potatoes. I sliced red potatoes thin and layered them with a little bit of shredded cheddar-jack cheese, a little salt and a pinch of garlic granules. When the layers were done, I poured some heavy cream over the top and baked them until everything looked brown and bubbly.

The Easter ham. I glazed it with a root beer concoction. Yummy! That was our very simple Easter dinner this year. I didn't even serve a green veggie!

No comments: