Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pizza - New Crust Recipe

I experimented with a different pizza crust recipe that my friend Faith shared with me. It's faster and thinner.
This is the dough: 1 cup of warm water, 1 tablespoon of yeast, 1 tablespoon of oil, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a little more than two cups of flour.
It rolls out as a lovely stretch dough. I did have to let it rest a bit to finish the rolling out. Sprinkle a peel with corn meal and put the toppings on the pizza.
Bake at 475 degrees until bubbly and browned. The recipe I followed offers this tip for making it easier to shake the pizza off the peel and onto the stone: pick up an edge of the dough and give it a puff of air underneath. I'm going to fiddle with this recipe some more. I think the dough needs more flavor.

No comments: